AKA Pretty Little Liars’ Men. My roommate has me watching this show. Now I know why she watches it. For the men. Check out these guys.
Over the past few days, I’ve been finding myself focusing on work and my fitness more than I ever have before. It’s been so long since I exercised, I was barely able to do any of what I used to consider easy exercises. It sucks that I let myself go so long ago. I used to love the way I looked. I would look in the mirror and lift my shirt up thinking damn I look good, but I’ve fallen from that.
With that said, it will be my mission in 2013 to focus on staying healthy. I’m a beautiful person inside and want to exude that on the outside as well. What I’ve done is put together a list of exercises to perform routinely and these exercises are to focus on a large amount of calories to burn. Most will average between .5 and 1 cal per rep. My approach is to take a mathematical standpoint on the matter. Calories in and calories out.
My goal is to get down to around 135-45. Currently, I weigh in at 191. That’s a total weight loss of 56 pounds needed. There are 3,500 calories in a pound; therefore, I need to burn at least 196,000 calories. I know I can do it. As long as I don do any extreme eating and alter my diet to a fewer fatter choices in meals, I should be able to get this done quickly.
Remember it’s not all about fat loss as I want to build muscle as well. Muscle burns more calories just being present in the body so building muscle will speed up my weight loss goals. I’m putting this out there because I want people to know and I want myself to remember.
It’s time to bring back the very reason I used to model. I say that to myself now, and think who the hell would believe I did. Lol. But I did. So lets watch me transform myself into that “Tom Cruise” look-a-like everyone used to say I looked like. Anyways I’m going to bed now. Peaceskies!
I don’t normally share videos on my website, but I definitely had to this time. I think you will enjoy this a lot, as it truly does make sense.
This all began with one of his first videos, which is below. I wish I knew what was in his head. Amazing thoughts.
Do you guys remember this site? LMAO! It was like one of the first personal profile pages, ever. I’m talking pre- Facebook and Myspace. Apparently, I created my profile there in November of 2001. I don’t have a frickin clue what made me think about it, but I figured I’d blog about it. Look at my shoulders in this pic. Talk about skinny. On that note, I’m going to go workout. Don’t ask about the glasses, they definitely aren’t mind. I don’t have a clue who’s they are but they aren’t mine. I think maybe they were Alex‘s. I’m not quite sure but I can definitely tell it’s in the dorm room in Charlotte, NC when I was attending Johnson & Wales.
Alright, so it has taken me a while to finally get together my thoughts and goals and actually put down on paper what my resolutions should be. So I will break them each down for you all to know. Why? Well, I feel that if I tell someone that I will do something, I will work harder to achieve it as I feel worse disappointing someone else than I do disappointing myself. Sad, isn’t it?
- Personal Weight. I would like to continue my weight loss journey. Yes, I know many say that at the beginning of the year, but I truly feel it’s a possibility.I have been at it since October and I have kept down what I have managed to lose, which so far is 10lbs. I started at 198lbs and am now down to 188lbs. My goal weight to reach is 160lbs. Some of my closes family members and friends will say that it’s too low, but it’s not. You guys really don’t know how much I used to weigh which was 128lbs with a 28-29″ waist. I’m not aiming to get that small because after the weight loss I will be pushing for muscle. Talking about this makes me want to head to Planet Fitness right now, haha.
- Invite to Ibiza, Spain. A guy that I have considered one of my best friends for the past few years (Mark Sutay, Jr.) and a guy that I look forward to spending some great moments in my future with (Danny Jones) have mentioned going to Ibiza while Danny is in Spain before the end of the Summer. For many years, I’ve wanted to leave the country to explore another country and that would be one of my few opportunities. I will be pushing hard to ensure that I am financially stable to be able to make that trip.
- Financially Fit. I have been working hard at this goal for quite some time, and I’m merely putting it down so that I continue my journey. The main portion that I want to do though is to stick at least 6 months of pay into a savings account. Bahahahahahaha! I laugh because we know that’s a struggle to do, but I will do my best to get it done.
- Continued Education. That’s right, again. Most of you know that I spent time double majoring in Accounting & Marketing both at Johnson & Wales University & Charleston Southern University. Well, things change from time to time and it just so happens that over the course of the past year, my professional life has taken a turn towards Information Technology. Ironically, our beautiful and talented programmer (Kelly Blake) first attended college for Accounting as well and then went to school for Programming. Weird, huh? I guess it just proves that I wasn’t the only one that found that Accounting & IT are more related than people make it out to be. Seriously though, numbers are numbers right? My goal is to start taking courses to a completely different degree, lmao, which is to focus in Database Administration. You all know that my strong point will be in Web though.
- Personal Career Projects. Normally, I’d say I don’t know why they keep taking a back burner, but I do know why. It’s because I truly sacrifice my personal life for my career, but I feel in the end that is what makes me a stronger candidate for any position. I will however do my best to maintain course on at least one of these this year. I want to completely get bardrinx! up and running to what I know it’s fully capable of.
Alright, so you know what I’m looking at right? One difficult year. But without dreams and hopes people, we have nothing. This is one cruel, sad and pathetic world when you look at it as the glass-half-empty type, or this is one beautiful, amazing, opportunity titled “life” that we got to make the best of as the glass-half-full type. Cheers to a New Year and I hope it brings to you everything that you want it to, as I will be kicking it’s ass to make sure it brings what I am so happily looking forward to.
I’ve been off my feet for the past few days and I needed to really test walking on it. Granted it’s not healed all the way yet, but I need to get back on my feet. Although working from home sounds really enticing, it’s not as great as it sounds. So to get out, we went to the Lebanon Christmas Tree Farm in Ridgeville, South Carolina, and picked out a beautiful ten foot Leyland Cypress. It now fills the entire entrance of our home, and we love it. Not to mention, the price of it was only $60.
Anyways, I just felt I’d share some pictures our Christmas Tree. I even threw in a picture of our porch lights. We went light but simple this year, and we love those too.
Today, I shared an image that I found while browsing the net. I have to admit it definitely hit me in a spot that made me think about how my family and friends view Christmas. I just thought about how so many of them struggle through the holidays trying to make everyone happy–daughters, sons, cousins, nieces, nephews, etc. All the while, others are wanting three things for Christmas: food, water and shelter.
All of those that I personally know, they will be spending time on Christmas with their family and friends enjoying a feast. By that I do mean a table full of foods, where leftovers will be abundant and some won’t ever get eaten. Meanwhile, others would love to have the leftovers on their plate. If you have it in your pocket, please take the time this year to donate to a charity of your choice–local, national or international. I say if you have it in your pocket, because I know that all of my family and friends have it in their heart. There’s absolutely no way that you can look at the picture above and feel nothing.
Some great charities are below:
Unicef – http://www.unicef.org
Feed The Children – http://www.feedthechildren.org
Care – http://www.care.org
Listing of US Hunger Charities – http://www.justgive.org
For some of you, it may look like this is my first post and I’m new to the blogosphere; however, there are several of you also thinking,’WTF happened?’ I will answer that simply by letting you know that I’m in the process of cleaning up my life. I thought a great way to do this would be for me to get back to my roots (design and blogging).
Originally, I started blogging to share my insight on the industry of graphic and web design and for some reason or another (mostly money and time) I slowly drifted away from that. After not feeling so hot this morning and having to take the day off from work, I decided that I would spend a little time briefly revamping my site and cleaning it up. It’s been a long while, and after several promises, I’ve finally fulfilled that promise.
Going forward, I hope to continue along the path that I’m on to making my life better, despite what others think or who may get hurt along the way. There’s been a few times over the past few years where I just wasn’t myself due to not wanting to hurt others’ feelings and be the “nice” person, well let’s just say it’s time to be me. All jokes aside.
So what am I doing now? Well, I’m about to head to bed. I have to wake up early tomorrow to go to the job that I have loved for quite some time.